The Board of World Mission is seeking an intern for 10-12 weeks in the summer of 2019. The internship will be an opportunity to engage fully in the ongoing work of the Board of World Mission. The intern will take on a key role in the helping the Board of World Mission manage its Moravian Disaster Response (MDR) initiatives. Helping to recruit team members, setting up on site-logistics/coordination, and communication with congregations are critical to the job. Other opportunities may include the facilitation of team trainings, development of congregational resources related to ongoing mission efforts.
This is a full time, paid internship position with allocated travel budget. The intern will be able to work remotely, but must also be available to travel as needed throughout the summer, and plan to work closely with Board of World Mission staff. The intern must be available to travel throughout the summer to mission programming opportunities.
The Board of World Mission values the internship as a mentoring opportunity as well as a leadership and skill development tool. It will be structured to help guide the individual in the position to feel equipped for further leadership and involvement in Moravian Missions and beyond.
- Interest in Moravian Mission efforts, and introductory knowledge of the role of the Board of World Mission in the Moravian Church in North America.
- Some experience with mission work either locally or internationally, and excited about continued involvement in this area.
- Strong written and oral communication skills / willing to speak in public
- Organized and detail orientated, able to manage multiple projects
- Proficient in Microsoft office and able to work with video editing software such as iMovie
- Willing to take initiative when working on new projects, flexible to adapt to changing work tasks and environments
- Must be 18 years old and have completed high school
After a candidate has been selected further goals and learning plans can be developed to fit the needs to the Board of World Mission and the interests of the intern. Tangible outcomes of resource production, team leading, etc. will be part of the evaluation of the internship.
If interested, please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be received through Monday, March 11, 2019 with a decision made by the beginning of April.